Monday, May 12, 2014

Makeup Walk-Through


This guide may be helpful for two reasons: 1. You would like to know the order in which you should be applying your face makeup, or if you already pretty much know, 2. You can see some great products that I like use for each step (I like options!). Regardless, if this post is able to help at least one person, I will feel like it is worth it. Enjoy!


Makeup Talk-Through



1. Foundation: The first thing I do is apply my foundation. I like to pump the product onto the back of my hand so I know the exact amount I am working with. From here, I like to spot the product all over my face and then go in with a brush and blend it out. A tip for picking your foundation shade - if the product makes you look orange or pink, it's too dark for your skin-tone. 

2. Concealer: After I apply my foundation, I like to take my concealer and apply to my under-eyes by sweeping the wand across that area. Then I take my brush and pat the product in an upwards motion. You typically look for a concealer that is two shades lighter than your natural skin-tone so you can really brighten up that area. I also use concealer on any blemishes or redness I may have.

3. Setting Powder: To ensure your makeup lasts you want to use a setting powder. I like to dust a lighter, translucent powder under my eyes and on my T-zone (forehead, down the nose, and chin). Then I like to go in with my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural and apply that over my foundation.

4. Bronzer: Bronzer is so important to me because it really helps warm up my face. I like to apply bronzer right along the cheekbone, hairline, and jawline. 

5. Blush: Lastly, I apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks. If you make a slight closed mouth smile (yes, I want you to smile at yourselves in the mirror), you will see where you should directly apply the product.



Extra Steps:



-Primer: To really ensure that your makeup will last, you can apply a primer before your foundation. Primer forms a nice base layer on your skin so your makeup sticks to that instead of seeping into your pores. Think of it like painting a wall. Typically, you use a primer first. 

-Highlight: I love to highlight my face. I feel like it gives the finish of my skin a nice healthy glow. I love to apply my highlight to the tops of my cheekbones, and down the center of my nose. 

-Setting Spray: I have been using my MAC fix + spray everyday after finishing my makeup. Just a few sprays about a foot away from your face and it just gives a really refreshing finish. I especially like to use this if I feel my face looks too powdery. Depending on your skin needs, you can pick a different setting spray. If you have oily skin, you would look for a matte finish spray. Think of a setting spray as hairspray for your face.  





xox,
                  Meredith





No comments:

Post a Comment