Thursday, May 8, 2014

Brush Love: Eye Edition


Hello, Hello! Welcome to my second installment of the Brush Love Series. Today I am sharing with you some of my favorite eye makeup brushes. The world of eye brushes has changed the way I do eye makeup entirely. My advice would be to ditch the little applicator that comes with some shadows, and invest in a good eye brush. Below are some brushes I love to use and what I use them for. Enjoy!


Brush Love: Eyes


Links!



1. Flat Shader Brush - This style brush is the first I use on my eye everyday. I use it to press the shadow all over my lid. I own this exact brush (it came with with Urban Decay Naked Palette and is called the Good Karma Brush) but have others like it that do the job just as well. Look for an eyeshadow brush that is flat so that the product shows up really well when you press it to your eyelid.

2. Blending Brush - This is by far one of my favorite brushes to use on my eyes. This particular one is called the 217 Blending Brush by MAC. I love using this brush to blend darker shadows into my crease (that part of your eye that sinks in and when you press you literally feel bone). I use windshield wiper motions to apply shadows to my crease and blend away.

3. Tapered Blending Brush - I am very sentimental about this brush because it is one of my first. I'm talking about the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush. I use this brush every day and if I were traveling and only could take one brush, this would be it! I like using this brush mainly for my crease to blend everything out and apply softer neutral colors. It's an amazing brush and definitely my favorite.

4. Small Angle Brush - Since I am a big fan of gel eyeliner, I love using this brush to apply it. This is another by Sigma called the E65 Small Angle Brush. I use this brush every time I apply my gel liner because it gives me the control I need and allows me to make a clean line.

5. Brow Brush - Everyone needs a good brow brush, especially my fellow girls who love to fill in their brows. I'm telling you, filling in my brows has been life-changing and I love using this particular brush by Anastasia Beverly Hills to do so. I love how it has a little spoolie on the other side to help blend and make my brows look more natural. I especially love using this brush to apply my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.

6. Pencil Brush - When I am not winging out my eyeliner, I like to smudge it out a little right at the lash line. This gives me more of a natural, not as polished look. This brush (Sigma E30 Pencil Brush) is also great for blending out eye-shadow applied under your lower lash line, or to add some definition to the outer corner of your crease (typically I use a dark brown or black shadow). Overall, great brush! P.S. this brush is pictured in a set (which has all great brushes I would use), but it can be purchased on its own on Sigma's website.




xox,
                 Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment