Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Liebster Award: Discover New Blogs





I am back again today with a very exciting post. The sweet and lovely La jour de Samm has nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! Go ahead and check out her blog - it is gorgeous and she has some really cool stuff on there including beauty, style, and recipes. So check it out right now!! And then come back please :)

So back to this Liebster Award. I have literally never heard of it until yesterday, but am so fascinated by it and appreciative of it. The word "liebster" is German for "beloved" and "darling" (according to my little google search). The award is given by bloggers to other bloggers with the intent to recognize new and up and coming blogs. It is just a really sweet concept and I love the fact that it allows everyone in the blogging community to root for each other. So thank you Sam for nominating me!


Here are the rules:

  • Write a blog post accepting this award, while thanking and linking the person that nominated you. 
  • Write 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions written by the person who nominated you.
  • Write your own 11 questions.
  • Tag and nominate upcoming bloggers.


11 Facts About Me:
  1. I'm a complete homebody. I love being home with my family, my dog, my television, and my wine. 
  2. I think I have a caffeine addiction. I need at least two cups a day to properly function.
  3. I hate working out. I don't ever think it gets easier. I do it, but please know, I hate it.
  4. I can play Guitar Hero and Rockband on expert level - not sure if that makes me cool or uncool? I'm going to go with cool.
  5. I'm really goofy. 
  6. I don't eat red meat and I haven't for like 4 years now.
  7. I love black olives more than the average person.
  8. I don't think I'm meant to live in NJ, even though I've hardly ever been anywhere else. 
  9. My boyfriend is a teacher, lifeguard, and stand-up comedian. Triple threat.
  10. I want to be a mermaid. 
  11. If you are reading this, and frequently read my blog, I want to hug you <3

Q&A:


1. Do you prefer sunny days or rainy days?
Sunny

2. Would you rather cook or go out to eat?
Is take out an option?

3. What food would you get in endless supply if you could?
I love bread. The answer's bread.

4. What would be your entrance song if you were a professional wrestler?
(You Drive Me) Crazy by Britney Spears. I'd do the dance and everything. 

5. Who would write the soundtrack to your life?
Kings of Leon. I love Caleb's voice.

6. What do you think is the most embarrassing song you have in your iTunes library?
This really embarrassing Tila Tequila song that my friends and I used to play in college. The name is too inappropriate to post. Sorry Mom, for that one time when you borrowed my iPod.

7. If you could visit one place every year for the rest of your life, what place would it be?
I want to go to California - I've never been but I'd be happy to take a trip there every year.  

8. Are there any movies that you've seen so many times that you have the dialogue memorized?
Mean Girls, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hot Chick, White Chicks, probably more.

9. Peanut butter with strawberry or grape jelly? 
Grape jelly fo life.

10. Where's Waldo?
I don't know - I don't think I've ever found him.

11. If you could be trapped on an island with one other person for 6 months, who would it be?
My boyfriend, Troy - but I'd think of it more as a vacation than a trapping.


Questions for my Nominees:

  1. What decade would you most want to live in?
  2. What movie deserves a sequel?
  3. What is your favorite cereal?
  4. What jewelry do you wear every single day?
  5. Do you like scary movies?
  6. Do you have a favorite lipstick and if so, what is it?
  7. Coffee or tea?
  8. Have you ever met anyone that is famous?
  9. Favorite Disney princess?
  10. If you were in line at a deli right now, what would you order?
  11. Where is your favorite place to shop?


Bloggers I nominate are:
ByrdGirl
Red White & Bitchy
Whim of the South


A special shout out goes to Christa at http://noveltyblg.blogspot.com/ who I would also have nominated because I read and follow her blog. She was already nominated - so congrats to her!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love reading the answers! :)

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! I am having a giveaway on my blog and I would love it, if you would take a look at it, enter and possibly win!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    http://fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Of course - I will definitely enter too :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I am a new reader to your blog and so it is fun to learn a little bit more about you.
    www.vivreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just checked out your blog - I love it! Your pics are gorgeous :)

      Delete