Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Beauty Favorites



If you've been following my blog since the beginning, you've probably noticed that at the end of every month there is a beauty favorites post. What qualifies a product to be considered a monthly favorite to me? It doesn't necessarily have to be a brand new product or something that I've never used before. Although, there may be a few newbies here and there, the products that make it into this post are the ones I find myself using most often during that particular month and would also recommend to others. The below six items definitely fall under that category and have been a part of my everyday beauty routine.




July Beauty Favorites




Links!






1. I've had my Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream - Light to Medium for a few weeks now and have been using it everyday. I love the finish it gives to my skin and that it contains an SPF of 30. I will definitely continue to use this throughout the rest of the summer.


2. Although I've had my Benefit Fake-up Concealer - Light for months now, it has been so easy to use during my summer makeup routine. I apply it in a small triangle shape under my eyes and quickly blend it out with a brush. 


3. I've also had my Naked Basics Palette by Urban Decay for a while now, but have been using it all throughout July on the days when I've been putting eye makeup on. I've mixing the lighter shades for a bright lid color, and then adding some dimension in my crease with the shade Naked 2.


4. My most used brush of the month has been the Real Techniques Blush Brush. I have been mainly using this with my Milani Glow bronzer, which I like to apply pretty generously. When I'm on the go and don't have a lot of time to do my makeup, this has been the only brush I've been using.


5. When I first received my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brown Wiz in the shade Soft Brown I was not really a fan. I've been so used to filling in my eyebrows with powder or a pomade so switching to a pencil was a little different. However, after trying it a few more times it quickly became one of my favorites. I just applied with a little lighter pressure and then used the spooly side to blend it out. I've been loving it because it allows me to fill in my brows real fast without looking sloppy. 


6. The Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in the shade Nude #2 has become one of my favorite nude lip products. It's a little expensive for a lip product, but the packaging is beautiful and the actual lip color has been the perfect beige nude for me.










xox,
                Meredith






1 comment:

  1. How strange - I own four out of the six of the above..I wonder why? ;)

    After trying the Brow Wiz, I found that touching up the inside with a small angled brush helps to make them look less fake.

    Nice suggestion with the BB cream too! I use mostly on weekends but I love how it has enough SPF to sit outside and not look like a ghost.

    I may need the fake-up next, great suggestions on here!

    ReplyDelete