Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Five: Drugstore Lip Products Worth Trying


Happy Friday the 13th! Since I am not all that superstitious I will be walking under ladders, petting black cats, and breaking mirrors all day. ;) No, but really I want to just share with you some of my favorite lip products that can all be found at the drugstore. I know a lot of times I use MAC lipsticks and glosses, but there are some really great drugstore products that I use just as often. All of the below products are worth a try, especially because they are so inexpensive. For some additional details, keep on reading!


Friday Five: Drugstore Lip Products


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5


1. NYX Butter Gloss - This is literally an amazing product from the drugstore. These lip butters are only $5, have great color payoff, are incredibly smooth, and smell great too. If you are looking for something in-between a lipstick and a gloss, these are perfect for you. My favorite shade is in 'Merengue', but I also own the shades 'Eclair', 'Tiramisu', and 'Apple Strudel' - I'd recommend any of them!

2. Maybelline ColorSensational Color Elixir Lip Color - If you are looking for something a little more glossy, I'd recommend giving these a try. They don't give off as much color as the lip butters, but sometimes that's the look I am going for. Although these come in a lot of colors, I prefer the shades 'Nude Illusion' and 'Petal Plush' for a nice neutral sheen.

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - This is by far my favorite drugstore lipstick. I own the color 'Pink Pout' and I wear it all the time. It is not drying for a matte lipstick and is surprisingly smooth and creamy. The particular shade I own is beautiful and is the perfect pink! Highly recommend this lipstick.

4. eos Lip Balm - I have tried pretty much every flavor (is that what you call it?) of this adorable little Easter egg of a lip balm and I have to say that Pomegranate Raspberry is by far my favorite. It is also my favorite lip balm in general because it is long lasting and very smooth. It is 95% organic and 100% natural. Definitely worth a try!

5. Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter - I can remember back to a year or two ago when these came out and everyone was obsessed with them. For good reason, though! If you are thinking of experimenting with lipstick, but can't part with your lip balm yet, these are perfect. If a lipstick and a lip balm had a baby, these lip butters would be that baby. I love the shades 'Creme Brulee' and 'Creamsicle'. 





Have a great weekend!



xox,
               Meredith







P.S. Father's Day is this Sunday - for some last minute gift ideas click here!





No comments:

Post a Comment