Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Five: My Beach Must-Haves


Happy Friday!! Since I will shortly be heading down to Wildwood for the weekend, I thought I'd share with you some of things I always have with me on the beach. Read below for what exactly everything is and what I think of them! :)



Beach Must-Haves


Links Below!



1. Flip-Flops - These are probably the most obvious beach must-haves (besides a bathing suit, towel, chair, etc.) however, I'm including this particular item because I want to share with you what flip-flops I've been wearing to the beach for years now. Now, I know you can just get any old pair for $5 and be fine, but a good pair of Havaianas will last you all summer long and then some. I currently have a dark charcoal pair, but am loving this beige color. Definitely my favorite beach flip-flops ever.

2. SPF Lip Balm - When applying your SPF, don't forget about your lips! The sun can dry them out, burn them, and just irritate them. That's why I always have an SPF lip balm in my beach bag. Any lip balm with SPF will do, I have just been using this Baby Lips one by Maybelline in 'Quenched'. I believe this particular lip balm has an SPF of 20.

3. Sun Screen - **Friendly Disclaimer - this is just what works for me!** Moving right along to some more SPF are the sun tan lotions I use whenever I am on the beach. I always apply SPF 30 to my face no matter what or it will just be a red mess. I love the Coppertone one for faces otherwise my skin breaks out and my eyes burn. For my body I absolutely love to apply the Banana Boat deep tanning with green tea lotion first, and then spray some SPF 15 all over. If I use anything over SPF 15 on my body, I have trouble getting a tan. So I just make sure to constantly reapply the spray throughout the day. (I prefer spray on the beach because I hate rubbing in sandy lotion!). 

4. Sunglasses - If you see me on the beach, I will never have my sunglasses off of my face unless I'm in the water. They literally are glued! My face doesn't tan very well, so luckily I don't get those sunglasses tan lines. My sunglasses of choice are my Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer in Tortoise. They just don't fail me.

5. Reading Material - I get most of my reading done in the summer and on the beach. I especially love to read towards the end of the beach day where it gets a little cooler and people start leaving. That's actually my favorite time to be on the beach! The two books above are some that are on my summer reading list - I've heard great things about 'Gone Girl' so I already bought that book, and I still have to get The One & Only. I love all of Emily Giffin's books, so I'm excited to get that one! If you're not much of a book reader, Glamour is one my favorite magazines. I usually read magazines on the beach when I'm too hot and need something to distract me for a little. 







Off to the beach I go!
Have a great weekend :)



xox,
                 Meredith








No comments:

Post a Comment