Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Basic Nighttime Skincare Routine


When it comes to skincare, I have a very basic routine that I do every morning and night. To be honest, I really don't know all too much about skincare, but I do know what works for me and that's what I'm going to share with you today. Here's a little background about my skin. I have combination/dry skin. That means it is typically on the dryer side; however, I do get the occasional oil in my T-zone area (forehead, down the nose, and chin). I have been fortunate enough to never really struggle with acne, but I do get a few blemishes here and there. When I do breakout (and I haven't in a while since I've been using the below products for the past year) it is usually in the same spot, which is my jawline area. Turns out that cleared up when I switched back to basic and gentle skincare products instead of all these 'high-end' fancy products. The most important thing is to find what works for you and your skin.


Night Skincare Routine



Links Below!




Step 1: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - I love these things. Before I wash my face at night I need to get off all the makeup. These work great and are my favorite makeup removing wipes. I have been especially enjoying these night calming ones; however, they sell the bundles at Costco, so I like to stock up!

Step 2: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - You really don't get more basic than this stuff. There aren't too many ingredients and it really is a very gentle cleanser. I'm telling you, my skin cleared up in a few weeks after using this cleanser (and I was having that reappearing jawline breakout problem for about two years).

Step 3: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion - Since I have dry skin, I need a moisturizer that will last me all night. This moisturizer is pretty basic and feels really smooth when I apply it to my face. I like that you can use it on your body too.

Step 4: Neutrogena Naturals Acne Spot Treatment - It's always good to have a spot treatment for when those very unwanted blemishes pop up out of no where. Since you only need a teeny bit, it will last you a long time too!

Bonus Step: Clarasonic Mia - I use this about 1-2 times a week to really exfoliate my skin. I apply my cleanser as I normally would to my face and then focus on my chin area for 20 seconds, forehead for 20 seconds, and each side of the face for 10 seconds (it has an automatic 1 minute timer then shuts off). This thing just gets everything out of your face and leaves you with a clean slate. I typically use the sensitive skin bristle. It is a bit pricey, but I recommend it!







xox,
                 Meredith







No comments:

Post a Comment