Tuesday, April 15, 2014

All Winged Out

A friend once introduced me to the wise saying "Don't ever ask a girl with winged liner why she's late". Although this may have been the case the first million times that I attempted to wing out my eyeliner, with years of practice I have been able to master a technique that works for me. If you have never tried this before, please do not get discouraged if you can't figure it out right away. Trust me when I say that I have made plenty of mistakes and messes over the past few years trying to get the perfect wing (that's what Q-tips are for!). Luckily, there are some great products out there that make the process of creating a wing much easier. For beginners, I recommend starting out with a pen eyeliner. This way you can literally draw the line with lots of control. If you want a darker line, definitely try a liquid eyeliner. For a softer line (that can be smudged out if you make a mistake), go with a gel liner. Some of my favorite eyeliners to create a wing are listed below:



All Winged Out

Here's how I wing out my eyeliner using MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline and an angled brush:


1.
After dipping my brush in the liner, I like to start in the middle of my lash line and work my way out. I then go in and connect the front to the middle.

2.
After I've lined my eye, I flip the brush in the opposite direction and on an angle connect my wing to the rest of the line.

3.
Your wing should look something like this.
4.
I then go in again starting at the end of the wing and continue to fill in the rest of the line.









           

  Until next time!


xox,
                  Meredith


2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to wing my liner for years and I always chicken out! Thanks for the helpful hints! I'll have to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it girl! Let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete