Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Five: Favorite Mascaras


Happy Friday!! Today I bring you one of the most critical parts of my makeup routine. The wonderful, amazing, can't live without product (at least in my eyes) of mascara. Now why do I have such a love affair with my mascara? It is because I unfortunately was not blessed with long, dark, naturally beautiful lashes. My lashes are literally nothing without mascara...but you'd never know, right? I owe it all to these wonderful little guys listed below. Over the past few years I have come across some great products that help my lashes look the way they do today. If you know me, you know I like to use a lot of mascara, so definitely apply to your own preference (I usually go for two coats). These are in no particular order - I would be happy with any of them!



Friday Five: Favorite Mascaras


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5


1. L'Oreal Telescopic - This mascara has definitely been a favorite of mine for a while now. I continue to repurchase this specific product because it works great to separate and lengthen my lashes. The wand is small and narrow, which helps coat each individual lash. I specifically use this mascara for my first coat, and also on my bottom lashes. It's extremely affordable too! You can find it at your local drugstore.

2. Too Faced Better Than Sex - This mascara that I purchased from Ulta is one of my current favorites to use for volume. I love using this mascara as a second coat after already applying my L'Oreal. I've gotten so many compliments on my lashes when I am wearing this mascara, and once you get your hands on it, you will too!

3. Lancome Hypnose Star - I love Lancome mascaras! Although they can be a bit pricey, they really work great to lengthen and add volume to your lashes. This specific one has a unique brush that kind of has a triangular shape. When applying this mascara, I like to use the narrow side first, and then on my second coat use the wider side.

4. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash - I fell in love with this mascara after one lovely girl at the MAC counter gave me a ton of samples. She really only needed to give me one, because I would have gone right back to purchase a full size. This is the only mascara I've tried from MAC and I absolutely love it. I also like to use this with my L'Oreal Telescopic.

5. Maybelline Falsies - This is another great drugstore mascara. If you are looking for volume, but want the drugstore price, definitely pick up this one. It has a nice thick brush to really get the product on your lashes. Two coats of this one, and you're good to go!



 **Look below to see some pics I grabbed from my Instagram of my real lashes!**





**In all of these pictures I am wearing L'Oreal Telescopic for my first coat, and Too Faced Better Than Sex for my second**




Quick recap for best results:
-Always choose the darkest color (usually called blackest black or carbon black)
-Use one mascara for lengthening and one for volume
-Apply two coats
-Don't forget about your bottom lashes
-If it gets a little messy, have some q-tips nearby
-Blink slowly so people get whiplash from your amazing lashes ;)






Have a wonderful weekend!


xox,
                 Meredith


2 comments:

  1. Best beauty tip I've ever read!!!!

    -Blink slowly so people get whiplash from your amazing lashes ;)

    ReplyDelete