Friday, April 11, 2014

Brush Love: Face Edition

Makeup Brushes: Face Edition




Welcome to my first installment of Brush Love! My idea for this series of posts will feature my all time favorite brushes. Today I have for you some of my favorite face brushes. If you haven't heard of the brand Real Techniques, well let me introduce you. This line of fabulous brushes is the creation of London makeup artist and YouTube sensation, Samantha Chapman. These brushes are so incredibly soft and are also extremely affordable - you can find them at Target, Ulta, and Kohls. Great quality and inexpensive? Yes, try for yourself!

1. Stippling Brush
I use this brush to apply my foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer. I lightly press the product onto my face and then buff and blend for a more flawless look.

2. Powder Brush
I always reach for this brush to set my foundation. To ensure my makeup lasts all day, I lightly dust a finishing powder all over my face.

3. Blush Brush
Although this brush is supposed to be used for blush, I tend to use it for bronzer when I need to quickly get my makeup done. It just seems to apply the right amount of product to my face without it looking overdone.

4. Contour Brush
I absolutely love this brush for contouring! I use this to apply my bronzer (when I have a little more time to blend it out) on my cheekbones, hairline, and jawline. This brush helps sculpt my face and blends the product really well.

5. Pointed Foundation Brush
I actually prefer to use this brush to blend in my concealer. It is the perfect shape to blend the concealer into the corners of your eye. I like to use patting motions with this brush to get a brightening effect.



Have a great weekend everyone!! I will be in South Jersey visiting my boyfriend :)



xox,
                    Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment